The objectives of LWRS are for the charitable purpose of:
Providing benevolent relief to those who are disadvantaged and in need in the community by reason of Indigenous or other ethnic background, gender, unemployment, age, or mental health illness.
To achieve its objectives, LWRS shall:
- Provide free support services, facilities, and education to those in need in the community.
- Maintain and operate workshops, programs, and social welfare activities for people in need with a focus on improving life, employment, and health skills.
- Provide services for the relief of the needs of Indigenous adults, youth and families, multicultural persons, those at risk of suicide, the aged, and other minority groups within our community.
- Assist chosen charitable appeals that are consistent with the objectives of LWRS.
- Engage in fundraising activities to raise money for use to meet our purposes.
LWRS shall not operate for the profit or gain of its members, either directly, or indirectly.
The property and income of LWRS shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objectives of LWRS. No part of that property or income may be paid or otherwise distributed, either directly or indirectly, to members of LWRS, except as bona fide compensation for services rendered, or expenses incurred, on behalf of LWRS.